Social Media Series: Twitter Tips
Limited to 140 characters you often have to be creative to get your information across.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Tweet about a local, industry or company event that looks interesting or that you will be attending.
- What are you working on at the moment? Is it something that others may be interested in?
- Have a sale on a certain product? Tweet about it!
- Let others know about a new product coming out or when you are working on a new line up.
- Read a funny and/or interesting article or video - provide a link and small description (use tinyurl.com etc. to shorten your URL's so you have enough space for a description as well).
- Follow others in your industry and location and re-tweet interesting events, links etc. that come up.
- Ask questions to generate interaction with your clients and gain valuable feedback.
- Search for relevant keywords using http://search.twitter.com to see what people are saying about topics linked to your company or about your product or service.
- Worked with another organization and appreciated doing so? Tweet about it!
- Be personable - Fan of a hockey team etc? Show your support.
- Be professional - remember what you put online can be seen by everyone. FYI: The US Library of Congress is archiving all public tweets.