Social Media Series: Blogging Tips
Many find blogging more daunting as it is often thought that each article needs to be a long, in-depth read but you can also keep blog posts short and sweet. People tend to skim over websites and having short articles with certain keywords is often more attractive to users.
Here are a few idea for writing posts:
- Write about events you will be hosting or attending.
- Introduce new products and/or services.
- Demonstrate your expertise - write an article or series on a topic you are very knowledgeable about that relates to your company or organization.
- Make a small write up about the latest project you have completed, add in a couple of pictures and you're golden.
- Write about your thoughts on latest trends or items/technology helpful to your industry.
- Lists are often popular such as Top 10 Interesting links etc. related to your field.
Include pictures or visual aids where possible and use keywords related to your website as major search engines like blogs and often a blog post will turn up at the top when searching for those keywords.
We typically recommend using WordPress. For a professional look and to keep continuity throughout your website be sure to theme your blog to the design of your site.