Keeping a Website Fresh and Visitors Returning
Why update my website?
- keep visitors returning which keeps your product/service on their mind
- keep search engines coming back and indexing your website (can help increase SEO rankings)
- easy way to promote new products/services
- great way to promote your portfolio of projects
- demonstrate your knowledge and skills in your area
What should I update?
- incorporate a blog where you can include articles on latest projects or information related to your field that may be helpful to your visitors
- have a section on your homepage that includes latest news or special offers
- update pictures in a picture gallery of your latest projects or products
- Have a twitter feed? You can have your tweets show up on your website automatically
How do I update my website?
- Use a blog system such as wordpress which allows you to easily write posts and categorize them. For a professional look, we recommend theming the blog to fit into your website. We use wordpress for our blog but have themed it to look like it is part of our website.
- Use a content management system (CMS). A CMS can be an easy way to update various areas on your website. Once they are integrated to your website you can have full control over adding & removing content. When we provide a CMS to our clients we pick out one that fits their needs from simple and straightforward to others that are feature rich or even customized to individual needs such as photo galleries.?
- Send your updates to your web developer and ask them to update your website. Work out a system and pricing for weekly or monthly updates to keep your website up to date and your visitors returning.
- Ask your web developer to link your twitter feed to your website. Once it is tied together, the website will automatically update when you post on twitter.
For the month of June (2009) we are taking 15% off the order of any content management system. Please contact us for a free quote to add a content management system to your website.
Want to share your ideas or questions on the above article? Please feel free to leave a comment!