Facebook Page Changes - What's New?
Facebook is rolling out a new layout for pages that will be in full effect by March 1, 2011. So how will your page change when you take the plunge and update? We have highlighted the changes with a before and after picture of our Facebook page as well as outlining the changes below.
- Tabs are Gone. Navigation is on the left - Have custom Facebook tabs? They are not lost in the new layout. All tabs regular and custom will show up in the left navigation menu.
- Photos are Front and Center - Under the page name is a row for images. This can be used strategically to add interest to your wall. Update them with pictures from latest events, make use of branded images etc. These images are automatically pulled from your photos. If you don't want a certain image in that set you can hover over it and click the x in the corner to remove it.
- Pages now have their own identity - This is a great new feature. You can interact as your page - Like other organizations etc. as your page/organization.
- De-cluttered - Overall the new Facebook pages look much less cluttered allowing the user to find what they are looking for more readily. The left hand bar has been cleaned up with Navigation, Likes (in text format - no longer showing images) and a Utility Nav only.
- Greater Control of Wall Filters - Show posts by your organization or top posts from everyone. Set filters if Spam is becoming an issue.
Click on the Thumbnails to view the Old and New Layouts in greater detail.